Thursday, January 31, 2008

intermission

It's been a while since I blogged. A hiatus from the typing world. I haven't written anything for a while, and have not quite been regular, simply because, my brain felt drained. Nothing creative to write, or nothing inspiring to share.

However, I did read of some things interesting, and thought it might be good to share.

Especially for all those who may be feeling a little burnt out from over doing, and not getting anywhere.

What am I talking about?

Sustainability.

How to sustain years and years of what your are supposed to do.

In the book Courageous Leadership by Bill Hybels (which I finally finished yesterday), he talks about
1) Knowing your calling
2) Having the courage to change
3) Surrounding oneself with 'safe' ppl
4) Looking at it from an eternal point of view

Not to say that I've fully mastered it, but 1,2, and 4 didn't impact me as much as surrounding oneself with safe people. Why you may ask?

I guess, I'm seeing the importance of just surrounding myself with like minded people. People who would say, come on, don't give up when I feel like it. People to cheer you on. People who work with you on the same page instead of going in a different direction. People who would agree not for the sake of agreeing, but for the sake of building together.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not whining here. I'm dreaming here. Having a vision of people working hand in hand and moving forward together. This are the people who would sustain each other through the tests of time, storms, disasters.

Ecc 4:9-10 Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!

People. We need to learn how to encourage one another full heartedly. No man is an island.

No comments: