Sunday, April 09, 2006

birthday

Yeap. It was my birthday the other day, I believe most of you knew that. T'was a plesant surprise the other day, or rather night, when the whole bunch of church ppl came over to cramp in front of my door and yell surprise. I must admit, I did know something was happening, but I didn't expect so many ppl to have appear at my door.
Thanks ppl. All of you who were there made my day.
As much as this sounds like I've just received an Emmy, I still want to do it. Haha. My few mins of 'fame'. Anyhow, I also want to thank those gave me a call or sms. I appreciately it deeply that you not only remember my birthday but actually msged me/called me/wished me over msn. Sniff. I'm really touched.
I must say, the best gift of all would be, just being able to talk to family for that short few instances. Always nice to hear from my family. Even better, they decided to send a present from Ebay. Haha. Totally awesome. :)
THe last, but not the least, I really want to thank God. Thank Him for not only making me, but providing me with ppl wherever I go. It was sad for me to leave M'sia and all my friends, but I never got depressed because God provided company. Godly company.

Ahh... what a birthday. 23. Another year older, another year bolder. Hope to grow more and more in God. and, erm... be amiable too ? haha. :)

9 comments:

deb said...

"be amiable" that's awesome. ha ha haa...

Anna said...

...and the award goes to...(opening envelope)...Ian Chik for turning 23! Happy belated dude! 23 is a good year. Dude...like...that was like...totally awesome!

peasantboy said...

hahaha. anna's totally hooked to totally awesomeness

勇d said...

i think i'm at the age when i don't want birthdays to happen anymore...hahaha...

M said...

Ya, Derek, you're really ancient.

peasantboy said...

hahaha... mona feels insulted :p

JWo said...

Insulted? What do you think I feel? lol... happy belated birthday Ian!

勇d said...

i'm sorry...okay...haha..i still look forward to my birthday...

peasantboy said...

thanks.... haha. derek is getting 'fired' here