Wednesday, April 26, 2006

life as a medical student

Life as a medical student. The title? Almost like one of an autobiography. Hence, this little blog entry will be a mini autobiography.

Life as a medical student. I don't know why I would call it life as a medical student because, essentially, there's no 'life' in a medical student's life. Coming into clinical years, was the best thing I thought could happen in medical school. Guess what ? I'm only partially right. Haha. Yes. Only partially right. Slogging everyday to be the best on the ward, only to come home to do more work. Sutdy harder and to make sure I know all the facts that I need to know on the ward and to pass my exams.
Sure. Once in a while, I hang out with ppl, do some stuff that I like, but, seriously, gone are the days where I lay idle for days, watching tv or sleeping, or just reading books. I guess it's all about growing up eh ? About accepting more responsibilities and what not ?

Hence, I retract my earlier statement. This should be named, growing up as a medical student.
Oh wait. I'm getting older too. So... growing up as a senior medical student.

*whistles*

3 comments:

deb said...

yeah. can't really relate. but hey, add oil.

Anna said...

life gets better once you're a full doctor. Trust me. Just don't do emergency and you'll be fine.

lishun said...

not very old also...haish.

it is all about growing up. unfortunately. but when you've reached a stage where you can do what you should do rather than what you want to do...you know you're there. and it's probably the most important milestone of everyone's life, a milestone not everyone reaches.