Saturday, April 07, 2007

the day of love and being loved.

It was my birthday just not too long ago. Yes, I've turned 24. However, this blog is not about my birthday.

It's more about God's love for me. Well, not specifically just me, but for everyone.

I don't think many of us really appreciate the fact that He does love us. People often think, "Yeah, I know God loves me", but honestly, do we really know? Do we really think about what happened at the cross about 2 centuries ago? Or do we say we know, but not feel?
To know that Christ carried all our sins and all our burdens via dolorosa, took each thing that made us feel unwanted, not needed, and made it into hope. He suffered so we did not. He hung on that tree, so that we will never ever have to face the Judge and account for our sins. And in each moment, breathless, He intercessed for everyone of us, with the knowledge of that some of us may even reject Him, or ignore Him.

How can I not be of any love if God has so much for me? Can I ever say that I cannot love others because NO ONE loves me?

1 John 4:19 We loved because He first loved.

I have to keep that in mind. It's so hard though.

Have to love others.
Have to love others.
Have to love others.

No comments: