Friday, February 01, 2008

the reality of it all

What's the truth? What's right and what's wrong?

We've learned so many 'facts', so many 'truths' that it's become what we pick and choose, and then it's our version of the truth, our facts that we hold so steadfastly to. Or something like that.

I discovered another reason as to why I believe in God.

Because He is REALITY.

Waitaminute. You already kinda knew that didn't you?

Look around you. Everything that's made, is made from something by someone, and everything including relationship are held together by something. By what?

I quote this from Velvet Elvis that I really like.
"I don't follow Jesus because I think Christianity is the best religion. I follow Jesus because he leads me into ultimate reality. He teaches me how to live in tune with how reality is."

In John 1:1, it says
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the word was God.

The word WORD is logos in Greek, to which we get the word logic from.

God = Word, which also means logic.

Logic to which reality is what it is.

Colossians 2:
17These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

The reality can ONLY be found in Christ. No where else. And THAT is the reality of it all.

No comments: