Sunday, January 22, 2006

random thoughts

Hey peeps. It's been a while since I've updated this, or since I've sent out emails. I think I need to readjust my schedule.

Anyhow, I was asked to lead one of the groups during fellowship the other day, on living through the Spirit. Yes. The Spirit, the Holy Spirit, HS in short for convenience of typing. It is sad indeed, that many of us do not have an intimate relationship with the HS. I myself, believe that I can go on to a higher level in my relationship with Him.

Not to speak bad about what people think, or how they go about things, BUT, I really felt sad, that the only explaination that ppl had that God, had so many rules and that we had to try so hard to obey it was because, it was for our own good. Yes. That is not wrong. However, have we not heard so many non-christians come to us and say, "I like your God, but, it just seems like there are too many things to follow. Too rigid. Too confined by rules." By just answering, it's for your own good, won't simply cut it would it? And that living by the Spirit, is living by God's rules. The end. Finished. Like watching a movie that didn't quite end as well, I thirst for a better answer. Or, at least I used to when I didn't quite know or understand the Holy Spirit.

Living by the Spirit. Following rules. Two of which means the same? Yes, and no. God sent the HS to empower us to do things beyond our imagination. You see, God does want us to obey Him for our own good, but many times we fail in flesh, because we are weak. How many times have I tried to stop being judgemental but can't. How many times have I promised myself, that I won't slander about that person, but I did? I can't remember how many times, but the last time was just today. Sadly, I am fighting a losing battle sometimes. Should it be ALWAYS like this?

I answer with a big resounding NO. N-O.

The Holy Spirit, intercedes for you, gives you joy, gives your strength, gives you power to overcome those which you thought you could never. Of course, with great power, comes great responsiblity. A christian would have to first repent of their mistakes, and then ask God for help. I believe, that is when the Holy Spirit fills you and empowers you for change.

John 14:26
26But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

Zechariah 4:6
So he said to me, "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: 'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty.

Not by your might. Not by my might. But by the Holy Spirit.

Amen.

No comments: