Wednesday, December 20, 2006

christmas and new year

Ah. Christmas. I used to love this time of the year, or rather, I used to love this time of the year MORE. I guess the prospects of being far away from people familiar is sad. Although I have to say, that the people in Indiana are fun to hang out with, and I enjoy going out with them. Really easy to get along with. So hopefully, it won't be such a bad last week.

New year was more of what I wanted to talk about albeit the fact that christmas is closer. The coming of the new year was always like a fresh start for me. New resolutions, time to start things properly again. I was a firm believer in fresh starts, and was always happy to have a new chance at doing things right. That's why, initially for many years, I was happy to move out of some place. Due to the fact I wasn't all too popular with people at times, it was nice to be able to just escape and not have to face these people ever again.

Yes. I was a coward. I ran. Ran away from all my problems instead of facing them. For a while there I had been good, and didn't try eluding my troubles.
Now, it's so much so, I don't even bother to think of things to improve myself on in 2007. Honestly, I'm just too tired and I lack the energy to carry out such cumbersome tasks of thinking of areas os weaknesses and correcting it.

Am I the only odd one out or does everyone else feel that, resolutions are useless? Haha.

My only resolution this year (if I were to make one) is to be true to myself.
And not to procrastinate. (oops... over'd my quota)

3 comments:

JWo said...

Resolutions are useless because they have nothing to base it on. lol - I hope Christmas and New Year's in Indiana will be a good one. We'll be missing you!

lishun said...

my resolution is not to make anymore resolutions. hah.

they're not useless lah. they're reminders that we can always be better. true, we don't follow resolutions most of the time, but the ability to make resolutions means we recognise our need to improve ourselves constantly.

instead of making big resolutions at the beginning of the year and then thinking 365 days is a super long time to accomplish them, make little resolutions to change throughout the year and put them into action the moment you make them.

then they won't be so useless.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, old man =)