Wednesday, December 13, 2006

updates

I am here in Indianapolis, Indiana. Finally, all those months of correspondence and getting my applications in, I am finally here. I have not really been around the city very much, but to me, this appears to be the kind of city I'd rather be in (provided I don't get mugged) (Haha. Sorry Deb, this is an indirect insult to Halifax, just in case you didn't catch it).

The one thing I'm seriously SERIOUSLY in love with is the hospital. IT IS HUGE. And all the cases in the OR? Are FANTABULOUS. It's like SUPER RARE stuff that you only read in books. Surgical heaven!!!! The only downside to this is having to wake up at about 445 ( or maybe earlier to ensure I get to hospital by 515am. I finish work today at about 730pm. Bummer? It sure is, especially when ppl in other specialties start to say, "Oh. My day is shorter."

Anyhow. Indianapolis is pretty warm despite being told it can be really really cold. I think Halifax is definitely colder. I think I may be able to walk around in shorts soon. This AM was as warm at 7 degrees. No wind chill too. Checking the weather out in Halifax, I saw a -10 (-15 after wind chill). Brrrrrr...

Alright. That's more short update. No intelligent or deep-in-thought kinda post. Have to sign off now to write my mum a long awaited email.

5 comments:

deb said...

indianapolis? I thought you were in saint john. I'd better go tell dickson.

and I'm glad you enjoy it there. no worries about dissing halifax, as long as you don't diss the peeps.

btw: I'm holding your john mayer hostage by accident. I guess I'll enjoy it for the next 7 weeks. wheee! it's what I'll need to "survive" this "boring" "freezing" cold weather. " "

peasantboy said...

what? u know hwat? i acutally have to go to saint jon next year after my birthday for 3 weeks. crap...

it's slow here. but somewhat nice.

M said...

Thanks for making me feel better about my job. At least I'm not a surgeon. haha!
Hope it's all worth it to you in the end.

Anna said...

John Mayer?! Sigh. Such disappointment...LOL.

Have fun in Indianapolis ian!

peasantboy said...

disappointment ?

thanks anna
have fun in erm.. yarmouth ? haha
:p