Wednesday, February 07, 2007

home is where the heart is

I've been home for almost a week now. Man. Things are so different around here. They say home is where the heart is. Why then is it that I miss North America?

Anyhow, it is great to be home. Great to meet up with old friends. However, everything's changed. People have changed. Some are married. Some are still single but their outlook on life have changed. Some are happier with things, some more carefree, some just as ignorant as ever.
More buildings in KL though. More condos, more apartment buildlings, more congested roads.
I hate to say this, but I miss the slower life in Halifax. (Boy, I'm getting old and sentimental)

The bad part about coming home? I lost my wallet. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I lost my wallet. Gone are my ID cards from both Malaysia and Canada, my driving license, my credit cards, my ATM card, my MSI card (which I forgot to report). I'm not going to go into details. Let's just say, I was careless, and there were people here that took to opportunity to earn CAN 200.

I thought I was broke before, but now I'm even more broke (broker some might say. hahahaha).

Darn. Instant noodles and bread for the rest of my days here. Kidding.

The other thing I miss is not having to feel so STICKY and to have such difficulty breathing in the humidity. I guess I'll get used to it, but for now? I'll just whine.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Will see you peeps in March.

3 comments:

deb said...

msi costs $10 to replace, but I've learned that you can just ask for your number and never have to actually show it. save the much needed $10.

bummer on the other lost things though.

peasantboy said...

i dont get. ask for number?

deb said...

your msi number. the number that is on a msi card. unless of course, your card is different from mine... in which case, I don't know what to recommend.