Wednesday, February 14, 2007

women in my life

The many women in my life. I think they greatly colored my life. Of course everything enriches a life, but I think, these women gave me lots to ponder and grow up with.

This girl, now a lady, was the first girl I had set eyes on was a happy go lucky girl. She was sweet but she had the attitude of being happy (although a lot of times not content). It was good because it was simple. I learnt from this, that sometimes it's good to be a little easy going.

The next girl, was a girl not of many words. This experience wasn't the best. Knowing her was good, but seeing how easily she was influenced by her friends and ppl around her, it was not.
I learnt that in many things I should make my own decisions.

Then came this other girl. Hmm. Where do I begin? The romance that was not a romance. It was a weird relationship. I never knew someone who wanted to be with you but not want to be seen with you. So dates alone were never possible. It was always a group outing.
From this, I learnt never to go out with a needy girl and to cave in to a girl too much.

Came along a very special girl. She was smart and she was adorable. My parents loved her lots even. This girl, I had thought that it was for real, and it was going to be really serious. I really broke her heart when I decided to end it. I know. I was a real asshole then. I made lots of justifications for the breakup. I know my dad wasn't particularly happy. Here, I learnt that I was really really REALLY selfish.

A short one liner for the girl I had a short fling over Christmas one year. She taught me how to have fun and to relax a little.

Next two ladies, were very key in my life. If anyone person I've met at all, she is the most patient person I've ever met. Whether it was with me or it was other ppl, she was extremely patient. Extremely kind. Always putting other before herself. Selfless. She definitely loved God more than I did.
The other girl, was the girl I would call as the checklist girl. She was (yes, was) perfect in every sense, BUT she had a temper.

There was of course also the woman in my life, who despite her frustrations with me (not to mention that she had taken out some on me sometimes), she did all she could in my best interest. She pushed me a step further when I did not want to. For this I am extremely grateful.

Who can forget the one who taught me to stand up for myself and my rights. She taught me to appreciate the finer things in life and to judge things more thoroughly.


Well, for those of you who didn't already know, it is valentine's day today. Hence the 'SAPPY' post. What will I be without memories to think, learn and suffer from? Haha.

Happy valentine's day peeps!

8 comments:

lishun said...

wah banyak betul exes! but i guess if you've learnt something from all of those past relationships and are working on being a better person because of them and because of your relationship with God...then the next girl who comes along may be the luckiest one of all!

peasantboy said...

haha. not all ex's la... hahaha

deb said...

hmmm... nice post.

peasantboy said...

did i bring tears to anyone? anyone? haha :p thanks deb

Anonymous said...

Awww...very cute post. I hope V-Day 2007 was good for you!

Anna said...

nice post. It was very thoughtful too...makes you think...

Jonathan said...

happy belated valentines day!

peasantboy said...

thanks jon. happy belated valentines to u too!