Saturday, May 26, 2007

finally

Yes. Finally. No. Not finally a new blog post, or finally, I've finished a race.

It's finally. FINALLY. I am done with med school. Well, at least part of it.

My first degree today, with my first ceremony of delightful name reading, one after another, totalling up to probably 300 names. Yes, my convocation was today, and besides me rushing to the convocation because I thought I was late, nothing else interesting happened. No huge fireworks or roars of cheers, just the claps as each student walks up the stage, and graduates in their field. I'm certainly not belittling the whole process, but am just merely implying that it wasn't as grand as I'd thought it'd be.

MD.

Two letters that I can proudly add to the back of my name.
Do I qualify? Will I serve the people well? I kind of dislike it when people say that I have ideals because I am young and that I'll probably lose it once I'm older. I hope not. I'll pray hard that it won't happen. I still believe in what I know and believe. I hope, that it will never waiver nor falter.

This has been a rather good day. I guess the proud achievement, proudly framed up, and on its way home.

People, some of your lives may be in my hands. Pray, pray really really hard. :p

6 comments:

勇d said...

congradulations MD ian! whoohooo!

peasantboy said...

thanks man! haha. make sure u come see me for treatment. hahaha

lishun said...

now you can say...

"that's DOCTOR ian to you!"

haha.

congrats. =)

peasantboy said...

haha. actually
that's DR chik to you :p

thanks lishun

YeePei said...

DR CHIK!! CONGRATS!!!

peasantboy said...

hey yeepei! thanks