Friday, March 10, 2006

when winter ends, love springs...

What a weird title to put, I must admit. It's not so much that I'm in love with spring, but truely, it is the end of winter that I'm so excited about. Wouldn't like to live in anything below -5 if possible.

But, that's not the message I'm trying to convey with my title.
Maybe my title should be more specific, like puppy love. Or highschool love. Or love when you're young and passionate. But since, neither of there titles are as catchy, I vouched for the one, which is the title right now. (Am I making sense?)

Yeah, this thought came about when I was talking to someone about relationships. How the guy like the girl and vice versa. Then, all the cute questions like,"How do you know he likes me ?Are you sure?" (that's the excited response of a person who has reciprocal feelings). Some more of it would be: "Are you sure? Really? I don't think so? Are you sure?" Then comes the blush. Haha.

I totally remember those days. Not to say I'm that old. I'm trying to say, it's not very long ago. :)

So, is it time for a relationship? Recently, some ppl asked me about what kind of girl I liked (those some ppl may even be reading me blog now), and I told them there's a lot. Not because I wanted to be rude or wanted to show superiority, but I guess at that point of time, and even now, I don't think I'm ready for a relationship. I don't think I can handle anything as big as that. Not that I'm afraid of being committed, it's more of not being commited that I'm worried about. I don't want to start something I can't finish. As simple as that. And I want to trust God that He will tell me when it's time.

BUT...

yes, always with the buts. Sometimes, I wonder if it'll ever happen. Or if I should go ahead. I clearly remember the last time doing something I felt God didn't want me to do. I really felt like I was sinning in broad daylight. Like it was clearly stated, I shouldn't, but I went ahead with anyways. That's that.

I guess I should do as my best friend told me: Be whole yourself first with God before starting another relationship.

Because, unlike what Jerry Maguire said, my spouse/my life partner will not "complete me".

What do you guys/girls think?

3 comments:

Anna said...

dude, so hear me out.

I think "guarding your heart, for it is a wellspring of life" means what it literally mean. Guard it! Don't take any chances of ripping your heart out. You will know when it comes (or so peeps tell me).

I also agree that your spouse will never EVER complete you. That's not speaking from experience of course but from book knowledge (read kissing dating goodbye) and experiences of close friends. I believe you're on the right track...don't worry too much about it. Time will come. You will know. For sure.

lishun said...

first of all, cool title. =)

and yeah, as cliche as it is, there is a time for everything. oh wait, isn't that in the bible? eccl?

anyway, when the time is right, you will know it's right. God will make it known to you that it's right. yes yes super cliche sial but it's true! no worries, man...=)

Jonathan said...

i totally agree bro.