Wednesday, September 05, 2007

I thank Him...

For the longest time, I don't know what to put for a blog title. I could not think of a suitable title, without it sounding too cliched or overused, but in all honesty, as simple and as plain as it is, that is how I feel deep down inside.

As I continue my journey studying for my USMLE step 1 which is on Sept 20, I am in faith, that God knows what He is doing, even if I don't.

Anyhow, I would like to share WHY I am thankful to begin with. Today, as I checked my email accountS (yes more than ONE), I stumbled upon a result email that came in. Yes. Lo and behold, right before my very eyes, were the result for Step 2CK. Something that I have been dreading as I really could not gauge how well I did for this exam.

After clicking here and there, downloading the results, I said a little prayer and committed it to God, then I opened it.

bla bla bla...

Continue scanning.

Saw a pass.

Good.

Looked further down.

219.

Further.

90%.

That moment, the background music was Chris Tomlin's 'Your Grace Is Enough', and tears just starting flowing from my eyes. I repeated over and over again: Thank You God!

Why is it so significant? Well, for all those who don't know me that well, I am not an 'A' student, and I've always been just one to get by. To score 90 was beyond my wildest dreams. Some might say, it's not a 99%, but honestly, God is good. All the time.

I am constantly reminded by this verse as this happened to me today -

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

Thank You God!

12 comments:

lishun said...

congratulations and celebrations. =) too bad la you missed the victory dance outside the library. haha.

-pris- said...

Congratulations. Many, many congratulations.

What you mean you were never an A student? I don't believe. Haha...
What with the intellectual look and all...

Yeah, congratulations.

90% is cool stuff. It's been a while since I saw that. And this is USMLE. Seriously????

God is great indeed.

Oh ya...one more thing...

Belanja makan. I won't say anything.

I'd shut up and say 'thank you'. Promise. In fact, I'd add on to the orders.

Again. CONGATULATIONS.

Trisha said...

hmmm... By His grace..
very inspiring indeed.. and very amazed by His good works in u.. congrats Dr Chik.. :-) lalalala!~

azure said...

hey congrats..! :)

deb said...

cool! congrats! so happy for you!

peasantboy said...

hi ppl. thanks for ur congrats! would also not have been able to do it without all ur support and prayers!

thanks!

and pris. yes, i'm not an A student.

-pris- said...

Right. Then A plus it is.

Cause seriously, 90% is madness. Really good stuff. Really.

Congrats again.

edwina said...

hahaha...

how does it feel to be kena-ed by pris? :p

congrats dr chik!!! hahahhah... indeed u have been an inspiration to us all n u deserve it!!! =)

peasantboy said...

dwi dwi? siapa tu?

kena-ed by pris?

how? by her misinterpreting when i say i'm a student that only passes each time ? ;)

Anonymous said...

Ian!

Way to go! :)

Anna said...

yeh. praise God. His grace is MORE than enough!

peasantboy said...

thanks pastor shawn ;) and yeah, praise God!