Monday, September 17, 2007

trust

The recurring theme this time round as I prepare for my exams (this Thurs), is really the issue of trust. Just looking at my preparation up to this point, I feel is inadequate, for whatever reason, I am uncertain. It's been really hard for my to sit and face God, as I feel that I have not done sufficiently in what I'm supposed to do.

But since when has it been about what I do anyway?

On Saturday, we sang the song that basically to me, talks about trusting God's name. There is no other name.

The week prior, I read Luke 11, it talks about asking, and Jesus gave the example of asking from a friend in the middle of the night, and how it would be given to the person not out of friendship but out of his tenacity.

Today, as I read Isaiah 30, there were a few key reminders as to who I'm supposed to trust.
Observe closely. ;)

From verse 15 onwards:
15 This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says:
"In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it.
16 You said, ' No, we will flee on horses.'
Therefore you will flee!
You said, 'We will ride off on swift horses.'
Therefore your pursuers will be swift.
...
18 Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!

19 People of Zion, who live in Jerusalem, you will weep no more. How gracious he will be when you cry for help! As soon as he hears, he will answer you.

So, who is it that I trust? It's easy to prepare oneself to go into battle, having the best horses to ride you in battle, with the best weapons and best armor, the biggest number between the two sides, but does that necessarily equate victory?

Also, read psalms 20:7 and Luke 11:5-13.

No comments: