Tuesday, November 13, 2007

discrimination?

This happened last week, but didn't get round to blogging it. So I shall, right now. It isn't so much as a rant, but thought I'd just label it as one. My sister said this is discrimination, and it most probably is. So here's the story:

Last week, I went to look for my mum and sister in Carrefour, Mid Valley, as they had gone in first. I was carrying my brown bag with me, as I had just come from somewhere else, when at the door, I was stopped! And for what reason? If you can guess.

Coming.

Coming.


Wait for it.

They wanted to tie my bag. Yes. With one of those plastic ties. I thought it was really absurd. Before any of you can come up with wise comments, the next guy after me who was carrying a waist pouch was also stopped. The same was done.

Now let me explain why I say discrimination.

The guy after me? His pouch was so small, he could prob sneak in a choc bar with some sweets at most. Even if my bag was much bigger, it's totally ridiculous to put a plastic tie on my bag.
My sister and my mum who were carrying bigger bags than mine, were not tied up. Many other women's bags too.

So why mine and the other guys? Cause we looked young, and we were of male gender?

Ridonkeylous. If Jusco doesn't practice this, nor does Cold Storage, or Giant Supermarket, WHY oh WHY does CARREFOUR have to have this extra security measure?

ANYHOW. Here's a picture.

It best describes my frustration (?).


If u can see the plastic tie between the zip and the big metal bit which holds the strap.

2 comments:

lishun said...

doesn't sound like discrimination. sounds more like...

imdoingmyjobjustnotdoingitwell.

ineedmoredrama said...

sexism! ageism!