Tuesday, November 28, 2006

humans

Funny how humans think and work. Thinking about sports, and all the types of games you can catch on telly these days. Basketball, soccer, hockey, etc.
People LOVE watching games, cheering their favorite team on, buy their merchandise and boast to the world they support their team.

Now. Why in the world do we love doing that? How is it in anyway beneficial to just watch sports?
Think: why is 20% of north america obese?
Answer: people pay to watch sports, sit on their couches and consume chips, nachos, pop, beer etc.

Wouldn't it be better to just play the sport yourself? I know it's great to have cheer spirit, and be able to have a huge fan club base where you get to meet other people and cheer together, but honestly, would it NOT be better to just play the sports yourself and get good at it?
That's just my opinion.

Today, I saw an obese lady, and she hobbles along like she's a penguin.
So many people on my service, from smoking, from diabetes have their legs amputated.

Have I inspired you enought yet to make you run laps on a daily basis?

2 comments:

lishun said...

med school has made me waaaaaaay more conscious about my health. it's super scary, reading about the increased risk of all sorts of stuff just by being overweight/obese.

but laps? daily? gah, no. i still enjoy my spectator sports every saturday, thanks. lol.

Jonathan said...

but its cold outside, with winds blowing me sideways every so often, and raining more often than not. How to run?