Saturday, November 18, 2006

that time of the year

It's the sense of pending doom. Though nothing is wrong, you feel that everything could just come crashing down. So lost and so... in place yet out of place. It's like in between two opposites, like standing btwn train tracks and both trains are passing by in opposite directions at the same time. Torn would probably be the best word.

What am I talking about? Utter confusion as to what I'll be doing after I graduate. The constant thought of knowing that I'm supposed to be a qualified doctor in one year's time, and am supposed to know a whole bunch of things by then?

This week, getting back into surgery was really good. Initially, I was afraid of the time, having to wake up early and not getting in as much sleep hours. But, I've learnt quite a bit, and it's a matter of getting myself back into the habit. Honestly, this week has been a good reminder why I like surgery so much more than medicine.

Ah. More time to contemplate things. In my dreams, in my good sleep.

ZZzzzz

No comments: