Sunday, February 12, 2006

God is awesome

Yesterday, I was feeilng so lousy. One of those days, where I was just battling myself.
Yes. Sin. Flesh. Temptation.

It's so easy to give in, when you're down. You feel like all is lost. And all is gone. U don't want to fight anymore. Just let every one do their own thing. You? Your own.
I'm sure, I'm not the only one who feels that way. Most of us, when we fall? Esp spiritually, we find it so hard to pick ourselves again.

But why? Why do we choose to listen to what the enemy has to say?

"You're so far from grace, one more sin won't matter."

"God doesn't want you, He doesn't want to know you, or be even near you."

"You've diluted the blood of the lamb. Nothing's going to save you now."

"Do it. Everyone else is. What difference can you make? Nothing!"

"Do you really believe you are any different from anyone else?"

"God, does not care not love you."


All these lies. All this deception. It's all to just to make you trip and fall.
But... do you know what? God doesn't count how many mistakes you make. It's the finishing line. The end goal that's impt. Life is really like a long marathon, with heaven being the ultimate finish. We keep running. Some of us fall many times, delay our time to reach the finishing line, but that's OKAY! God's patiently waiting for us at the end, to embrace us in His arms. Isn't that what we all want?

So each day, I tell myself, listen not to what the devil has to say, or what your flesh wants. Everyday is a battle. All those of you out there. Please continue praying for me. The battle which I do not wish to put all my energy in, but just be obedient and do what is right in God's eyes. THere are more impt to things to handle, don't you agree?

3 comments:

deb said...

"My grace is sufficient for you for my power is made perfect in weakness." I've learned over and over again that it's not about me messing up or about how I can try to be better, but it's all about God's all sufficient grace. His grace is all sufficient for you, for all of you... hold onto those words my brother.

Anna said...

Okay. wooh. Like this is totally strange. You should check out my blog to know what I mean. I wasn't copying you or anything Ian because I blogged before I check your blog...but it seemed like we're talking about the SAME thing here. weird. with that aside...

I totally agree with Deborah. You will hear Jesus said to you on the last day, "good and faithful servant, come share in your Father's happiness..." Hang in there!!!!

勇d said...

i agree, i'll pray for you. stay strong sir.