Wednesday, February 22, 2006

one without the other, is nothing

You know, I've just learn to appreciate thing a little more. All the cold weather, the freezing while walking from one place to another, I've learn to appreciate it, because today, when the weather was -1, it felt great. My point is, you cannot appreciate current conditions if you have never experienced worse. A lot of ppl can't say, thank God I'm whole and have all four limbs until they see someone who doesn't have one of their limbs, or even worse, when they themselves lose one limb.

Speaking to an old patient the other day about being young again and having no responsibilities, and she was saying while it would be nice to be young again. she doesn't really want to live that life again. To think about it, it's true. To make all those embarassing mistakes all over again ? Haha. The puppy love in highschool and what nots?

You know how all of us go through those cringing moments, when we make those silly mistakes and we feel like we'll never get through it? 5 years ago I wouldn't be able to tolerate much, and even right now I believe I can only tolerate so much. But I'm thankful that I've been through all the pains and groans eash time I had a problem. 23 this year. I've grown I believe. As much as I don't feel it, when I think about it, I know, I've grown.

I can only say: Thank God! He has been my rock!

So essentially, joy without first experiencing sorrow is nothing, because, it's just another noun until you can make the comparison and be joyous (an adjective??!?!?)

3 comments:

勇d said...

i always believe that only through sorrow we will know the meaning of happiness only through suffering will let us understand joy.
those who have have reached the depths of sorrow and have conquered it are so much more fortunate.
isn't it great to live in canada? because without the bitterly cold winters, i really don't think i would enjoy and appreciate summer as much...haha...

peasantboy said...

but that is true. the changing of seasons brings upon the seasons of change. :)

JWo said...

I always appreciated other seasons when I'm in the opposite seasons. I agree... you can't have one thing to appreciate without the other.

23... wow... so young... I guess I get to appreciate being old! lol...