Thursday, February 02, 2006

snow...

Everyone who hasn't seen snow says, "Wow, it's snowing? That sounds so fun!"

Na-ah. Not if the snow is up to 50 cms!!! It's worse when you are trying to tread through the snow with the wind blowing HARD at you. If anyone saw me, it would be like looking at the abominal snowman trying to get back to his cave. You see, it was 10am, and I was postcall. I was desperate to go home. A whole night of not sleeping. One consult after another. You would think, when there's a snow storm, no one would show up in emerge.
That, I guess, is only partially correct. While the waiting room was empty, there were still some patients that needed to come in. No special prizes in guessing this, but guess why they were in for ? All for surgical purposes. Small bowel obstruction, sigmoid volvulus, choledochocystitis. It was interesting at that time. Not so interesting when you are trying to stay awake at 9 in the morning during service rounds. I was doing the drunken head tilt dance.

Anyhow, most ppl I believe are snowed in. Schools, universities, were closed. Heck, most ppl were dying from not getting their daily coffe from Tim Horton's because the staff didn't come to work. Some which would include me, cause I needed coffee badly this morning but couldn't get it. The saddests reality about med school, esp in your senior years here: you have to go to the hospital, come what may, even if kingdom come. Haha. That's the truth. So, tmrw morning ? It's treading in snow that can't be cleared. 50 cm's? I think I'll wear my swimming trunks and go for a swim. Brrrrr......

5 comments:

lishun said...

i remember trudging through 3 feet of snow to kindy with my mother when i lived in connecticut, when i was 2 1/2 feet tall. hehe.

deb said...

"sometimes the world is a rotten oyster with no pearl"? wow... so melancholy.

M said...

Yes Ian, why so glum?

I didn't realize your last name was Chik...now I know!

peasantboy said...

hahaha.... i'm generally a negative person.. i know... i've got to change that bit.... still trying

peasantboy said...

lishuun 2 and the half feet tall... how's that diff from now ? :p