Thursday, June 15, 2006

the one about being at wits end about what's next

I guess I'm at that phase of life, where I'm almost at the end of 'childhood' and about to embark on the journey of 'adulthood'. Don't get me wrong, I don't see myself as a child, or still a teen. HECK no. I'm not THAT much in denial. Once I finish this year (that would be around Sept), I'm pretty much exam free, and it won't be long (in May, before I'm out of the university).

I cannot help but feel helpless sometimes at the thought of it, like a fish left in a rainwater in a pothole on the road. Once the sun comes out, I'm going to be left high and dry. Okay. Maybe not that dramatic, but the thought of having to start working, earning my own money, saving up for things like a car or a place, sacres the bejezzuz out of me. Of course, the more worrisome part is, can I see patients by myself? Until now, in the clinic, I still find myself trying to make a 10 for 10 correct diagnosis on patients, and sadly, I think i'm only at a 6 or a 7 at most. Still lacking.

If I could imagine Yoda saying anything at all, it would be this:
"Lacking still,my young padawan, you are."
(Say it like you're constipated, and add in some grunts in btwn)

Haha.

Some days, what would I not give to go back to my teen years, when all you worry is about is : acne, popularity, what rubbish your friends are talking behind your back, how to get that chick and what nots.. oh yeah, and occasionally studies too.
I'm kidding. I'd rather not.

For all those of you who are not yet quite in 'adulthood' either, come join me in celebration of fear, by trying not to wet ourselves, whimpering in ithe dark cold, remnant corner of 'childhood'.

Whimper more...

1 comment:

Anna said...

tried the yoda thing. can't talk like I'm constipated. YOu must teach me the skills for that one :) LOL