Tuesday, June 20, 2006

when we are angry at the wrong things

Yes. It's one of those boring talks by me again. Don't read it if you don't want to. I won't be offended. But I just had another thought provoking, well, thought!

It's about all the ppl in the world, including myself, being angry at the wrong things. Just a few minutes ago, someone said something which not only didn't make any sense, but showed that she was incapable of carrying out an aduilt conversation. And quite honestly, I have UBER disgust for this ppl. They not only irritate me, but I look down at them, like creatures from below who cannot speak. Haha. Okay. That was over dramatic. if you don't know me enough by now by reading my posts, I would say, you haven't really read my posts. :p (AND oh yeah, just for safety net, Mandy, I AM NOT writing about you. haha)

But yes, going back to the topic, should I really have to be angry towards that person ? Or towards anyone at all who are so hell bent on irritating me?
The answer? Everyone say it in unison now: NO!
The world says, why be bothered by things which do not matter? It is true. Will a small bug flying around really mess up your life? Heck yeah it's irritating, but it sure isn't going to make you fail in everything you do miserably. Unless you let it.

The bible, in particular talks a lot about love. Instead of going the other way about avoiding things, how about confronting them with love? Easy for me to say? I agree it is hard to love someone who you dislike. But I'm not quite talking about that kind of love.

The love I'm talking about the love of people in general. I know I know. It's the same right? Love the person you hate, love everyone. It's just a subset of the group. I disagree. Strongly.

If you choose to pick the fly, instead of life around you, you miss out. Similarly, if you chose to pick on that one person who is irritating you, and not look at the world full of good people, you've missed out. Totally. God's love for His people is so great, that He doesn't pick on the one that makes mistakes. If I loved ppl enough, then this won't bother me.
This is the first thing that I feel we often get angry for the wrong reasons.

NOW. For all those other reasons that ppl get angry about, the one that I'd like to address most is anger towards christianity.
What can I say? Christians make mistakes too. As divine as Jesus is, as powerful as God the Father is, and as moving as the Holy Spirit is, christians are still humans, striving for better, but still makes mistakes in spite of everything.

I apologize, if you think christians are rotten. I apologize if we really did shove the gospel down your throat. Sorry for the crusades. Sorry for the bad impression we give you with the careless attitude we hold sometimes. Sincerely, I apologize.

My only request is this. If you are angry at christians, it is fine. But don't use that as an excuse to not be close to God.
It is not God's fault that we are so disobedient. God adores you and God loves you.
Do not let that 'fly' of a christian destroy a beautiful relationship that can exist between you and God. I know God is waiting to bless you.

No comments: