Sunday, July 02, 2006

appreciation

Do we appreciate things a little too late? Do we only cherish good times and close ties, only when it's all gone ?
To ejoy it at that moment but not appreciate it, that's common is it not?

This blog is pretty much me thinking out aloud. Initially I was angry at a friend for not really keeping in touch with me. Just MSN. No mail no calls. Nothing. From being close to this person, I felt that we drifted apart, soon each having their own priorities and this particular friendship wasn't too high on the list. And there it was. Gone like the wind. Talking to this friend was now no different talking to any other ppl online. The connection had been lost.

I am upset.

Was it my fault? My friend's fault? Or the distance in between. I understand the pretense of having more work, more priorities, but it also comes to show that, this friendship had dropped low in the priority bar. I don't know. Maybe I'm a sour grape. Maybe I'm a bitter gourd. Whatever it is. I am deeply saddened it has come to this point.

Looks like it's time to move on. We all have our priorities right? Time to get mine straight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome testimony.
got to know you better!

azure said...

all is not lost. sometimes, not being in touch as much doesn't mean that the friendship is any less important. real friendships stand the test of time and/or distance... that's what i think anyway. :)