Monday, July 31, 2006

a stewart of love

As usual, I waste my time watching tv. I'm toning down though. So that's improving. Hope not to watch tv this week at all. Or at least, not more than 3 hours if possible.
Well, that's not the topic that I was going to blog aobut today. I was watching A Walk to Remember yesterday (yes, I did), and I thought it had some good lessons and some interesting bits in it.

Lesson no 1: MAN O MAN, it's RARE to find someone like Mandy Moore's character in the movie. Someone so planted in God. Is there such a person? That girl had everything... brains beauty looks, a great singing voice...

Stop.

I'm going astray again. TV's making my concentration really poor.
What I really want to talk about, is the chapter in Corinthians about love. I'm sure almost all of you know what I'm talking about.

Love is patient
Love is kind
It does not envy
It does not boast
It is not proud
It is not rude
It is not self-seeking
It is not easily angered
It keeps no records of wrongs
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices in the truth
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

The beautiful thing about it, is that it's not just for love in a relationship. It's love for everyone.
Love is patient- no matter how irritating someone can be, love should overcome this.
It keeps no records of wrongs- my sins outweigh much more than any silly mistake a friend can do. Yet I am forgiven and I am loved.
Always protects, trusts, hopes and perseveres.

It's the same for father and son. Wife and husband, Brother and brother. Between friends. Same with lovers.

Hmm... this post may make no sense. I guess all i'm trying to say, is that, I can do better with people. Peace.

1 comment:

lishun said...

you're not the only one to fall in love with jamie sullivan. but isn't she just a little too good to be true?

anyway, love goes beyond all borders and soaks into every relationship. like you said, it's the same. it doesn't change. it's the same yesterday, today and forevermore. which is exactly why we take it for granted all the time: it's always there.