Saturday, August 26, 2006

limbo

"There are people who don't know Christ yet, and they are on the throne, and by faith, when they accept Christ, Christ is on the throne."
"But then there are those, who after accepting Christ, still sit on the throne. And this people are the ones who are caught in between. Not quite like the world because they know doing certain are wrong, but at the same time, their not quite christians, because Christ is not on their throne."

How true is that? Very. For me. I am like that second group. It's weird when someone says something and it rings so true. That is when you know you are heading the wrong way. I am that person, who started thinking about self again first before Christ, and wanted to join the world, but could not, because I knew some of the things were wrong. I guess it's hard to turn your back on the truth once you know it. It's hard for someone to convince you that 2+2 is not 4, because all your life you know that it is a fact that 2+2=4. To be in this position, is to be in limbo. Neither here nor there. It reminds me very much of the passage in revelations about the church of Loadicea.

Rev3:
14"To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:
These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation. 15I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. 18I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see. 19Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent. 20Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. 21To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne. 22He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."

It's time to turn the tides and ask for forgiveness, hail Christ as king on the throne of my life. By faith.

Hebrews 11:
6And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

"Faith is not something magical. Faith is doing things despite not knowing what may happen. Faith is doing things for God although you do not see Him, but yet you believe in HIm."

That was a good reminder of something I once thought i knew. Thanks Josh. I appreciate the talk we had. What was once hazy, is now clear.

2 comments:

lishun said...

when pc delivered a sermon on rev 3 in snl a couple of months ago, i couldn't stop thinking about it for a long long time.

it's ridiculous that it's supposed to be easy to get our butts off the throne and give it back to the rightful King, and yet we still find it so hard.

i am personally very ashamed that after all this time, it's still something i have to work hard at when it should really be what every Christian finds easiest to do.

thanks for the reminder and the call for faith. i don't understand why it's so difficult, but with every jolt and every reminder, it becomes more of a reflex and less of a struggle.

Jonathan said...

nice going