Sunday, September 10, 2006

the calm before the storm

As above. Just 3 more days. I am not prepared. Certainly, not confident. But what can I do. Procrastination and my constant malaise, has just made no room for time to study. Yes. It reminds of Christ's disciples before Jesus was arrested. Sleepy and not on guard. And why am I blogging when I should be studying?

For one, it is Sunday, and I'm supposed to be in church, praying extra hard that I pass my exams. *snigger* No. Just want to be in God's presence that's all.
But, I am in the hospital. Cause I'm on call. On emerge call. Busy call usually. Meaning no sleep today, and tired tmrw. Not a good sign at all. So after rounding on all my patients today, I thought I'd just quickly check on some things, and then, blog, and then go down to the library to study.

Preparing for the exams and thinking about my future ahead, with electives not quite totally set up yet, (3 weeks short), and so much uncertainty to where I'm going, it's certainly made me think, what does God want me to do. Timely enough, I was reading cnn.com (yes, I follow news), and there was this article about certain churches preaeching, that God wants to bless you now and you don't have to wait till you get to heaven. When I mean bless, I meant, with riches.

That is ridiculous. While it's nice to be rich, I think the ultimate blessing is to know that God is pleased with you.

It was quoted in the article, John 10:10. For all those who don't know, John 10:10 states, "The thief comes to steal and kill and destroy; but I (Christ) have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." In other words, to give us life more abundantly. And this was interpreted as riches on earth.

My dear friends, all I can say is this, and as funny as it may sound, when the clock is ticking, and you know you are almost at wits end because you haven't finished studying for your exams, you'll start asking yourself, what's more important?, your career or your life mission. UNLESS of course, it is intertwined.
But today, if you have the time, sit and think, and try to put into perspective, what's really important in your life: God or other things that could be false idols?

1 comment:

deb said...

all the best on your exam. :o)