Wednesday, September 27, 2006

omens

I don't really believe in omens, but when I first was going to leave for Saint John, it seemed very much that it wasn't meant to be, or maybe that it was not going to be easy. First of all, I had to take the bus (yes yes, overdramatization) which was 7.5 hours in journey. Not something I look forward to especially if one is driving, it'll take about 4-5 hours. Sitting in the bus and all alone. Nice.
Then, while I was in Saint John, I arrived, thinking, yes, I'm finally in Saint John. Will be able to get some rest in a nice bed in an okay apartment, but nooooooo.... guess what? The admin people forgot to put my package which included my keys to the apt. So, for the night, I had to sleep in the ever welcoming call rooms. Plus side was I got to at least watch tv and meet some ppl I know. However, I could not shower as I did not want to pack and unpack, knowing that I will be able to move into the apts in the morning. At least, I had a good night's sleep.
The story goes on. As I report for my surgery elective, the lady at the dept was like, " Oh, I thought you were coming for another date, but it's all okay, I'll get it all arranged."
Oh oh, another round of GUESS WHAT?. Guess what?

"We're short today, is it okay if you took this as your reading day?"

!!!

"Okay, no problem." Since I had to brush up on my surgery knowledge anyway.

Well, the day passed by, and I decided to walk to Superstore to get some groceries for the next 2 weeks. 30 minute walk. I'm such an IDIOT . I could have taken the bus and saved my 1 hour of walk. Ha ha. Not the best of my ideas.
On the way home, this boy just ran up to me and started talking to me, asking me about what I do etc. When I told him I was working in the hospital, he asked me all sorts of questions. I found that to be really weird. Wasn't the kid worried about kidnapping? Or is it because Canada is so safe?

That last bit, about the kid, felt like an omen. Or God telling me something.

Everytime I walk, I think a lot, maybe God sent someone to distract me from my thoughts. I don't know. What do you people think?

.... yes, another random blog. :)

3 comments:

M said...

Welcome to living in the "bee hives". And there's soooooo many chinese students there, and they are SOOO loud.
I'm sure your rotation will go well, nothing to do there but learn and learn. Although the internet will be a big distraction, as it was for me. haha.
Maybe the kid had William's syndrome. lol.

lishun said...

huh?!

peasantboy said...

lishun> ?? ? ?

m> i'm confused... is m for mona or for mandy ? seems more like mona.... and what's williams syndrome ?i have to go look that up