Wednesday, September 20, 2006

difficult positions

We all at one point of time or rather, will encounter a difficult position. The crossroads some may say. This may or may not be that big of a cross road, but for the sake of friendship, I will say it is a big crossroad.

Ah. Decisions. Which decisions to make that will be right? Can one truly choose a path that is pleasing to all? Can we do things to please our friends and at the same time look correct in the eyes of ppl? Can we do as we say we want to do, and not just do the things we think is right, but say something else? Somewhere along the way, one of these will happen. I admit, I myself do it too. No excuses (though I have a dozen).

The answer to all this, which I have to thoroughly remind myself is, the only person I should think of pleasing is God. What I do, should only be right before God's eyes. Not that I'm saying to h*** with everyone, but I'm saying, put God first and everything follows.

"But seek first His kingddom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."
Matthew 6:33

Someone once told me, as a student, I am like nomad. I move from place to place and set up camp. But in each place, whether I make that place just a temporary home, and in that temporal moment, I do things for the sake of just surviving, it is meaningless and in all things, one should be more like Abraham who set up a place of worship in every place that he stopped.

So, I should make my decisions based more on a more permanent basis. In every place that I go, I need to do the purpose of God and do things that will be an act of worship to Him. My decisions, in everything, need to be pleasing to God.

1 comment:

lishun said...

it's still hard all the same. i've been in so many schools, so many countries, having to adjust to new people, new systems, time and time again...it's just so much easier to take the years as another 365 days that, once over, will bring me a year nearer to a permanent place where i can grow and love and set up home. another excuse to let time pass by. it's so much easier.

but that's no reason not to try all the same. gambate! =)