Sunday, July 22, 2007

40 days for Malaysia

Many times I've complained about the lack of facilities, the mindset of the people here, or how I dislike the bureaucracy (hope I don't get arrested for making that statement, haha), but I've never stepped up to bring changes or try to at least lend a helping hand in shaping this nation. In short, I've never really called Malaysia my own.
Well, today, in conjunction with NECF's 40 day fasting and prayer for the nation, I shall start my very own tribute for this country I call home.

She is one who is made of multiple cultures, each unique in itself, coloring her. One, whom I've failed many times over to call my own. Instead I stood to watch and complain, somewhat hoping that one would step up to clean the smear marks on her, to clean her and raise her to be beautiful. It would never be I, who would do anything for her.

I would pray for the things I needed and for all that I wanted, but it never came across my mind. She was the last thing on my mind to be loved, yet the first when it comes to expressing my annoyance on 'how things could be better'.

So, today, as this country continues to walk down the lane of development, I pledge myself to at least pray and fast for this nation, for Malaysia, she is my home.

No comments: