Thursday, July 26, 2007

only in Malaysia

Didn't know the appropriate title for this entry, just something I thought I'd write and make it in tandem with my 40 days for Malaysia tribute. I know. I lack urgency in studying for my exams.

Talking to my sister over dinner (ba ku teh, for all those of you who are not home in Malaysia, haw haw), we were just commenting on the many funny things that one could observe while walking the streets or rather sometimes, the broad spaces of a shopping mall. She was just telling me how she saw some girl dressed up in heels, mini skirt, some top and had a flower in her hair. My sister's comment on how she thinks she's on some tropical beach was very befitting.

To think about it, Malaysia isn't Malaysia, if there weren't the ah lians and ah bengs, and all the oddly dressed people. It wouldn't be Malaysia if there weren't people in the cinema commenting out aloud about the movie everyone else is watching (yes, laugh it up, but it gets irritating when people go, oh look, oh look, it's Gandalf, or when the simplest of plots are questioned, ie: A died because B hated him and hence, killed him).
Only in Malaysia, would a driver run a red light, and stare at the driver who's trying to move on his turn. Of course, not to forget, we have our very own slang. So for all foreigners who want to fit in, don't forget to add the Malaysia suffixes - lah, mah, loh, ah, ba, etc.

Tell me, where can one get so much entertainment without having to spend a single cent? Only in Malaysia. Honestly, sometimes I feel I would not miss this country if I left, but who am I kidding? Where will I source all my jokes? :p

4 comments:

Aiky said...

hey Ian...very very true indeed! ah...you're making me miss Malaysia now.
Study la wei!

peasantboy said...

studying studying.... amyloidosis as different types, AL, AA, hereditary, Abeta2M, organ specific, senile...
tu di tu...

sigh

Jonathan said...

wowwwwwwww

intellect beyond my comprehension

my brain feels small now

your great memory beats mine into submission

what disease can stand before your all-knowing-ness?

which professor cannot fail to be impressed by such suave wisdom; the undercurrent of knowledge beneath such overt confidence?

....



....



....



....



everyone needs an ego boost now and again.

peasantboy said...

haha. dude...