Friday, July 20, 2007

sold out

I just bought the album 'Sold out' made by ECF, after going in circles trying to get one. Perhaps I did not make enough effort, but it's finally here, and I've heard it over and over again. I must say, it really does speak to me, especially the song 'sold out' itself, where somewhere in the middle, PC quotes from 1Kings19, where Elisha basically left all that he had, behind as he was called by God.

From verse 21 onwards:
So Elisha left him and went back. He took his yoke of oxen and slaughtered them. He burned the plowing equipment to cook the meat and gave it to the people, they ate. Then he set out to follow Elijah and became his attendant.

Elisha was sold out for God, gave his all in pursuit of God.

What about you? When was the last time we gave up something for God, be it excuses, our time, or something that was really hindering our relationship with God. Will we ever set out hearts to follow God no matter what the circumstances?

I believe God is already sold out for us, always blessing us and looking out for us.
Isn't it about time we did the same?

No comments: