Friday, July 13, 2007

not at peace, but...

This whole week, whether my heart races, or my stomach feels turned inside out, or my bowels feel like it's doing the mexican wave over and over again (not to mention, how there's probably no more mosquitoes in my room due to poisonous gas... phew!).
Why? My exam for one and the reality that has hit my hard over the weeks.

Why am I on earth for?

Hence, the renewed desire to want to reach out, shape IMU, etc.

Well, I must say, I really feel God's been speaking to me LOTS this week. Specifically, this whole chapter that I read in 2 Cor 4.
Specifically this few verses: 7-11.

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body."

Exams? Trials? Tribulations? Motor vehicle accident?
How do we act in this situations? Are we crushed? In despair? At the brink of destruction or already destroyed to bits? Overworked until the point of quiting?

2 Cor 4:16-18
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix out eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen, is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

I am encouraged beyond words. I don't know about you, but I guess life IS really too short to fret about things to the point that one cannot be fruitful. I want to continue to trust God in all matters.

phew. The mexican waves have left. Ai carumba. What a relief! :p

2 comments:

Sarah said...

i dunno why my tags aren't coming up on ur chatterbox! anyways, this post was an encouragement to me.. thanks for posting!

and in my tag i said.. to check out myspace.com/sarahnboon. has the song i wrote i told you about. and i bought a SEAGULL ARTIST. yes canadian hehe. shop was clearing stock..was 800 AUD, Boon and I shared. It's good stuff. And I wrote another song with it..won't be hearing it till i record that one!

Believe me when I say that you'll be a great doc and this exam is just one tiny hurdle you've gotta jump. You've got the passion and the drive, and all the works. God has so much in store for you! Praying for ya

peasantboy said...

haha. doesn't allow cheeky msgs to be published ;)
yeah, powerful verses those are. i am encouraged myself, after a coffee-induced-panic day, i feel much more at ease now. hope u do well in ur exams :)