Friday, August 24, 2007

the day i became...

...a bright eyed, fresh, positive junior, full of expectation, dreams, altruism, and not yet worn out by the troubles of medical school.

It was a little strange for me to be in the orientation all over again. I had a billion things to do, (like studying) but I had decided to join the orientation to get to know some juniors. (No, not looking for a girl, especially one that is like 6 years younger than I am!)

It's really different to be one of them. Their reaction towards me, was totally different as they treated me as one of their own. No, I'm not trying to return to my youth either, in case you were thinking that. I just found it amusing that status can change so much.

For example, the pre and post of discovery that I was in fact a senior, changed how they looked at me, greeted me, talked to me. One person, who in fact wasn't a junior at all, was totally afraid of speaking to me after that. Weird..... really.

All I can say, we are really colleagues. Please if you see me don't call me senior, or super super senior even if I am. Our goals are all the same. I'm not here to be of a higher position than any of you. Of course, don't take me for some person you could step on, because that won't bode well with me.

Here's a photo of the group:
Hope they enjoy orientation.

4 comments:

deb said...

the toilet paper looks good on you. ha ha! :)

peasantboy said...

that's not me deb!!!! hahaha. duh

deb said...

yah. I know. that's why "ha ha!"

JWo said...

You guys have weird orientation days...