Thursday, August 16, 2007

we are family

No, contrary to what you are thinking, I'm not singing the song.

This week, after lots of thinking, the one thing I've come to realize, with being a christian, is that, I'm really part of a bigger family. Sometimes, it's hard to see that. Sometimes, we treat each other just as friends, or just another person on the street.

Truth be told, is that, it isn't really true.

I believe, a christian can be so unlikeable to the point of risking strangulation, but still when in need, will be helped by fellow brothers or sisters (of course, they have to know that this person is in trouble). Why? Some might say, it's because they are all christians and they should do good, or purely because of namesake that they ARE christians. I used to want to believe that there is a greater bond than that. Now, I know for sure, it is purely for the reason that, we are of the same family, the same Father.

How DID I come to this conclusion?

When I was younger, more stubborn, more irritating, a rebel, I remember of people who stood by me and guided me, even when I refused guidance. Really. I was quite the stubborn donkey.
Now, it's my turn to lead and chance getting kicked by the donkey.

Are we sometimes to proud to be in a family who will help and guide us along the way? For a lot of us, rather be in our own circle, and remain in that private circle.

10 comments:

chongkz said...

Hi! A random blog-hopper. Anyway, I totally ger what you mean: sharing is caring. But, then again, I think one has to respect the very fact that all of us inevitably discriminate or pick our friends. We classifly them into different levels, say friends and close friends. Sometimes, you simply have to choose what to tell, and to whom.

peasantboy said...

hi. don't think u'll be back here anytime soon, but i'll put up a reply here anyways.
as christians, it's not about friendship, hence the post about being family. now i'm not saying, every single little thing has to be told and what not, BUT it is the important things that need to be told.
it's not to do with the fact that sharing is caring. it's to do with the fact, there are ppl who want to share in in one's burdens. without having to go through the whole story, but knowing enough to just pray for the person.

bearing in mind, this is towards everyone's comfort level. it's not an immediate thing that is to be expected.

chongkz said...

Hi again. I just happened to believe that one has the liberty to choose; to tell or not to tell. "now i'm not saying, every single little thing has to be told and what not, BUT it is the important things that need to be told." Who are you to judge what's important and what's not then?

peasantboy said...

the one important enough to show on one's countenance.
it's fine if one wants to tell. you are correct. they are at liberty of not saying anything at all. no one can force anyone to do anything they don't want to do. at the end of the day, everyone has a choice.

i believe, i did not put in my blog anywhere, that one is forced to share. or did i? if i did, please point out?

finally, i'm trying to understand you better, but what is it about this particular post has sparked interest in this manner?

i do not know what your beliefs are, but i DO believe, that my christian family, is really just like my family. i share with them my pains and joy, not one before the other necessarily. just to be clear, i'm not saying everyone should, but this is how i am with my family.

Anonymous said...

Nah...just randomly thought the entry of yours sounds a lil' forceful. No hard feelings, really.

peasantboy said...

hmm... okay. i'm just curious to know which bit? perhaps i can write in a more neutral way next time. so please, comments are really welcomed as it may help build my communication through blogging better

-pris- said...

ok people...both points were well presented...and both points taken.

...I sound like a ajudicator for a debate tournament.

Haha...

But really.

Peace out!!!

chongkz said...

LOL:) Btw, Pris, I got to this blog through you. So yeah, you ought to cool your friend down.

-pris- said...

My friend is cool....as in calm and composed, yada...yada...

so, back off

muahahahahaha.....

everyone is cool.

sleep tight.

peasantboy said...

???

but but.... i only asked in what way I can improve. i'm asking for thoughts on improvement. isn't that good?