Monday, August 27, 2007

a long way to go

This country that is.

As long as the mentality does not change, the country cannot change. I have to admit, there are a few things this country is doing right in changing the minds of the people.

Or at least I think so.

Honestly, sometimes, I think people who are above a certain age are a lost cause, as they really stick to what they believe in, and as for the young? I don't know, I think their mind are consumed by other things of this world. Ie: blog, internet, MSN...

Disagree? I bet most of you would.

Each day as I face different situations, I ask myself, how in the world is this country ever going to change. After learning today, that I'm not getting my first paycheck anytime soon, by the current company that employs me, I was furious, but yet slightly just too tired to pursue and push. My pay for 1.5 months? I'll only see it next month, and better yet, probably the end of next month. After the rude encounter with a personnel in the finance dept., and still no pay, it's really hard to make further commentary.

As for the young, well, don't get me started. That is for another day.

This country that is trying to push forward and be a developed nation, is not at it's best. I have to say, we have come a long way since 50 years ago, but we still have a long way to go.

Question of the day would be: what am I doing to change things?

1 comment:

lishun said...

recognising the need for change is a good start. changing your mindset is also a step forward.

changing things on a macro, direct way would require you getting into some position of influence, power. politics, man.

but if that isn't your style? change the country, the world, one smile at a time. one prayer at a time. one act of integrity at a time.

it works. =)