Thursday, January 04, 2007

Tak laku

Tak laku.

The malaysian term meaning, basically, not hot stuff, not coverted, not wanted.

MAN, is it ever hard to sell yourself to the world. No, not as in sell your soul spirit body.
I mean as in trying to get people to take you in, be it a programme, or a job, or as a friend, or an associate etc.

The past few days, it's just been me trying to find out what's next on the list on, how do I get myself somewhere today? It's truly like a tease. Like a million bucks just an inch away from you, all yours if you can get it. IF you can get it. If the inch thick glass is to be that easily broken into.

Yes. My pessimism is getting to me. All I'm trying to do is get a job after I've graduated. Looks like, life really ain't all that easy at all.

Not the "beg and please" like when we were young. If you beg enough times, you might just get what you want. No "beg and please" here. Just "all you have", your "CV" and perhaps your "outstanding qualifications".


In Malaysia, the term tak laku, often is followed by sau tong or sau pei.

Which should I do? Save skin? Or close shop?



......... gambate/ chia yu/ ka yau ???

3 comments:

Anna said...

pray :) period.

deb said...

close shop.


(I'm kidding)

peasantboy said...

ouch...