Wednesday, June 27, 2007

not just a choice of words

Quite recently, those who are close to me, would realize that my favorite word is choice. I started using this word a lot because I came to realization that a lot of things are just a matter of choice, whether one does something or not, it's a choice, and I've really come to feel that no one can really force you to do something because it always ALWAYS boils down to: what will you choose to do.
Of course, each choice has it's consequences and hence, one's excuse of not performing a task sometimes.

Yesterday, I found 'affection' for another word. The word 'delibrate' came to my attention, and as I thought about it, I started to evaluate myself. How delibrate am I in doing certain things? I say I plan my day out and try to do most of the things I do, but sometimes I just go with the flow. It has come to point in my life, that this is no longer effective. I cannot go prancing in the sunlight hoping that I may stumble upon some treasure along the way, or hope to get doughnuts by throwing flour and sugar into a bowl. If I want to achieve something, I have to work out the steps and then, perform them.

Hmm. Don't know why it wasn't as clear before. Maybe I forgot to remove the scales of my eyes first. :p

First, I have to make a choice, then I have to be delibrate about it.

Time for some change around here.

2 comments:

deb said...

I wholeheartedly agree!! YA! choice and deliberate... it's the only healthy way to live.

and as a side thought: using "feel" and "think" in the proper context is something this generation needs to work on. "I think she is smart" vs. "I feel she is smart". one makes sense (first one), second one doesn't but often makes others feel better <-- note: proper usage of feel. one I fall into often is: I feel that the Bible is telling me to... no, I think that the Bible is telling me to...

ha ha haa! I just thought about this one because you wrote "I've really come to feel that no one can force you to do something..." when really, you came to think that no one can force you to do something. :) I know, always so critical.

don't you miss having me around to bug ya? lol.

peasantboy said...

haha. i'm kinda getting what u mean about the think and feel. but not as strong as the choice and delibrate. i will THINK about it. hahahaha.

well, i miss everyone. it's a whole new ballpark here. my old friends, but things are just different. ya know what i mean? :)