Thursday, June 14, 2007

things that irk me

1. I guess the number 1 thing that really bothers me is how the word 'can' is unnecessarily added to a sentence. Wait. I didn't put that right. How 'can' is put at the end of a sentence.
For example:
Wah, that driver is horrible, can?
That baby is so cute, can?
She bought so many at one go, can?
Ugh...... the worse is, I shared it with my sister, and once in a while when she remembers she bugs me about it by adding an extra sentence just to fit it in.

2. Malaysian drivers are evil. They don't signal, and when one is trying to turn out onto the road, instead of slowing down and giving way, they speed up and try to hit you.
Malaysian drivers are evil, can? (Argh, I've caught the disease)

3. The air. My nose is like a leaky faucet. Only, it doesn't drip water. Well, I don't have to share too much here for you to get the pic do I? It doesn't help that people are allowed to smoke at eateries (the cheaper ones anyways).

4. Food portions that are small, albeit it not being cheap. This leads to me spending more, just to get a good fill. And when I mean good fill, I mean, enough for me not to get hungry 4 hours post meal. Large pizza here is only 12" vs the 16" I'm used to.

5. Traffic jams. Man. Just to get out of the housing area during a peak hour, it takes about 15 minutes. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I miss the good old days of walking.

6. The heat. Need I say more? I'm melting........ meltinggggggggggg......

I know I know, full of complaints aren't I? Well, there are many good things here too, that I'm happy I'm home for. Good friends, good food, and family (not necessarily in that order). I know the Lord has and will bless me wherever I go, and that in itself, is better than any other thing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

complain complain...icic...BAD! hahaha...sounds like you miss your buddies?

mg said...

totally agree with you on No. 1. really irritating!!

peasantboy said...

lh... complain complain. icic ? sheesh. of course i miss my buddies :)

yes michelle. how's ur exam prep?

deb said...

can at the end of a sentence? I've never heard of that one before. maybe I'll ask someone to give me an audio example... :)

peasantboy said...

deb, it's a singaporean thing, that's infected its way to malaysia....
maybe i can put an audio sample... as soon as i figure out how..