Saturday, November 12, 2005

grace to love

How to have sufficient grace to love so many that I could pick a thousand and one faults with ?
How do some ppl find so much patience to just linger on around that one person that irritates the heck out of them?
Okay, maybe they don't feel as strongly as I do. Maybe I'm being highly critical. How do I change?
Times like this I really need God's grace to not lose my temper. What is it that I'm missing? What is it that I cannot see that God wants me to see?

How to change from wanting to strangle someone to just accepting someone as they are?

2 Cor 12:9 (NIV) says:

9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

What a beautiful promise. What a beatiful verse. The only thing I need to do is not to just know it, but to really understand it.
Hopefully the day will come that I will be able to pour love to those who need it and to those that I sometimes may think do not deserve, that I will not judge, love as God has showered me with His great love.

No comments: