Tuesday, November 15, 2005

this world

While I sit down here and whine some more on how I don't think i'll be a good doctor, I don't do anything. sigh. hope I don't crash and burn and give insulin to a hypoglycemic patient. haha.
Right. Today's post. Besides me telling you why I can't be a good doctor, I'll also like to discuss about the world today and how ppl do not want to believe in God. Right. Moving on.
Just the other day while at a forum, one person decided that he should be bold and to tell everyone he has enough about ppl telling him about God. Simply because he has announced that he is an atheist. Fair enough.
But oddly enough, this atheist is afraid of hell. He says and I quote, " If God is so fair and gave us free will, how come one person will go to hell if he does not believe in CHrist."
Well said. Well asked.
I didn't answer him the conventional, because God is justice and God is love at the same time. Because 1. he doesn't understand God's love, and 2. the only justice he understands is his own. geddit ?
So I answered, " Friend, if u are really someone who doesn't believe in God, then you dn't have to worry about hell. U don't have to worry about how God is not fair or if He gives u a choice, because simply, u don't care."
Clearly, someone was struggling with his own believe. I then proceeded to also tell him how he has already made his choice, which God allowed him to. He chose to not believe. He chose to be an atheist. That was the choice.
I tell u, as much as I hate having to give credit to the enemy, he is one tricky fella. Going around and telling ppl how God has not given them a choice. TO choose God or to choose hell. But the thing is.. we've got it all wrong haven't we? We do not have a choice. We were going to get condemned anywayz since we are all sinful. Every thought and every action (well almost every tot and action) is sinful. How to redeem ourselves? Better to save the lamb for lamb chop or the goat for curry mutton.. yumm! :)
And God sent His son to save us. But just like in any condition, when we are in a pit, if we don't reach out to the hand that wants to pull us out... how are we going to get saved? In the same manner.... how are we going to get saved if we prefer the 'pit' rather than the outside world ?

hmm.. I'm trying to connect this with my doctor story... but I guess I can't. haha. All I can say about this doctor business is.. it's a journey everyone has to take... I remember all those who said this thou art holy cliche : I want to be a doctor because I want to save ppl. That includes myself. Boy... am I laughing now.... real hard..

No comments: