Wednesday, May 17, 2006

moncton

Pa le eh francais ?

Alright. So I DON'T KNOW french. I want to learn it, and master it, but that'll have to wait. Moncton. Beautiful place. Esp now, when summer's approaching. If the sun is up, it's really beautiful to walk around.
Right now, I'm leaving in this house, which has 7 rooms. But there's only me and this other resident around. He's a PGY1 in gen surg back in Dal. Phew. Luckily I'm not all by myself. Although, house to myself isn't too bad. There's cable. BAD. I've watched i think 4 hours in total in just 2 days. Today, I resolute not to watch anymore, but decided to come online instead to blog and chat with ppl online. Unfortunately, the 2 ppl that I was chatting with, one put up a DND sign and has prob gone to study, the other was in bed. Woke up to answer my msg and then went back to bed. So here I am.

My 2nd day working at my preceptors. 2 of them actually. They were very gracious to pick me up from the hospital and send me back everyday. Am learning lots in the clinic. Tmrw I get to go to the OR. Haha. I'm so happy. Not that I'm a great surgeon or anything, but I feel so much more interested while I'm at the OR.

Okay. That is all boring. I want to desribe Moncton a little more, but I can't. Due to the limited travelling I've done in the past 3 days. It was walking about 500m of Mountain Road, travelling back and fourth from hospital to clinic, and travelling to Sobey's by bus to buy groceries. Fantastico. Hopefully, this Friday, since my preceptors are not around, I'll get to go to the mall. And watch X3. Yes. SUch is life. Someone, pls send me some entertainment.

3 comments:

Anna said...

WELCOME to the life in a small town!! There is always absolutely NOTHING to do. Moncton is better than o' yarmouth though. How long are you there for?

M said...

Are you living in the house that's next to the hospital? I stayed there once overnight for a travelling peds cadiology clinic. If you can't enjoy the small town life, at least enjoy the small town medicine. hehe

peasantboy said...

well.... i mean.. it's nice. i like it. just that i don't have a car. no car means... trouble getting to the dining places, to the mall, to the cinema...
i'll be here 3 weeks.
yes mona, i'm staying next to the hosp. haha. has cable... NOOOOOO... my destruction is near....