Tuesday, May 02, 2006

sick

I'm sick today. Caught off my roomie I think. She on the other hand must have caught it from the kids hospital. Darn patients! :) So there I was yesterday stuck doing call, while I wasn't feeling too hot, and I couldn't leave. What's worse was trying to go to bed, when my whole body felt funny, like discomfort, yet not really in pain. An ache I guess or in med terms, myalgia. I turned and tossed and tossed and turned. Woke up this morning with still more pains and aches. Thankfully the doc said, to go home and not to infect everyone else on the ward. Haha.

Well, my thoughts when I left the hospital (nearly skipping), I was thinking about the sick role. I was definately sick no doubt, but was I keying my sick role up so that everyone would take pity on me. Like "Poor you! You need rest, sleep and lots of water". Of course, my intentions were also to get home, and get rest, cause I felt that I couldn't carry on throughout the day in that condition. Leaky nose, achey muscles, and a slight cough. My question is, was I overplaying my sick role to get a chance to go home? When things like this happen, I feel extremely guilty for trying to 'skip' a days work.

Console me anyone ? :D

4 comments:

Anna said...

well! that's always the case. I would love to call in sick too. It's just the matter of not following your daily routine that makes it sooo tempting (not saying that you're not sick. YOU ARE). Good job on the pity piece (heh heh). But hey. Don't feel bad. Just sit back and sleep. You need it. Enjoy your day off :) Just think of it as protecting your patients. LOL.

M said...

DO NOT FOR ONE SECOND FEEL GUILTY. FOR REFERENCE, REFER TO MY BLOG ON THE "DOUBLE STANDARD"
Take advantage of of nice staff who will let you go home, because sadly, they are far and few between.

peasantboy said...

haha. thanks for the consoles peeps :) although, i still feel like i'm missing work (like being lazy)...
yet today when i returned to work (half healed), everyone was like, u know.... u shudn't have come back. haha. and everyone was dodging me... sadly :) hope no one gets sick... and.... kills me... :p

azure said...

haha.. stay home and rest summore... hope ur feeling better by now.. :)