Sunday, October 22, 2006

seperation

After reading a friend's blog (yes, Deb, it's yours), I had started thinking about my own life and my friendships. In the past few years, wherever I've been have not been for very long.

Initially, when iw as about to leave highschool, I was pleased to be able to move on (bad experience, what else) as I really wanted to start fresh and go to the capital. The city, the lights. I was like a moth attracted to the flames. Haha.
I started college in KL, and that lasted for 1.5 years. The friendships I made, didn't last very long past post college. I guess everyone kind of went on their seperate ways, and we all moved on. I then started life in university, and for the first 2 years, it was good, hung out with certain few ppl, then something happened again, but thankfully I made new good friends, and was close to some other friends who were in the same church. THESE friends that I had made in the last few years were very close and dear to me. I made every single effort that I could (limited as it is) to keep in touch. Emails, phone calls and what not.

More than a year away, I feel already like I'm at home in Halifax, and all my other friends? I've almost lost touch. Supposedly my best friend, and someone I relate very well to, has stopped writing. 10 mths. Yet, everytime I call, I get a promise that I'll get an email soon.
Well, sounds like a sour post, but that isn't what I'm trying to convey. My thoughts exactly is that, in about 7 mths time I'll be leaving Halifax. The friends that I have made here, will soon be a distant memory. No, I don't say this to diss anyone, but seriously, I have no faith in long distance friendships, relationships and what not. Everyone gets to busy, and soon enough, we've all moved on.

Don't we all? I don't know.

I guess sometimes, we all want to feel important. Not to the point that ppl are unable to funcation without me being around, but to some point, to miss me enough to want to share news with me, and send mail or call. Doesn't happen very often with me. I know some of you do it, and I'm really thankful (although I may sometimes sound like I do not welcome your calls, I really do).

I look forward to the day where I can settle in one spot, where all my friends are. Unfortunately, I do not see myself doing that anytime soon.

3 comments:

lishun said...

you'll be surprised how people from the past are actually very willing to rekindle lost friendships.

of course that means having to take the first step yourself...but doesn't every reconciliation require one party to step up to it first?

anyway, i can totally relate to what you said about wanting people to miss you enough to want to share news with you, and send mail or call. i would also love it if for once a long lost friend contacts me first instead of the other way around.

but feeling a little sore about it doesn't mean we should stop trying and taking the initiative to keep in touch.

anyway, facebook rocks. =)

peasantboy said...

what are u? facebook promoter? i think i've tried enough. called as many times. left enuf msgs on their msn. that's that. i cannot do anymore. i tire too

peasantboy said...

oops. that sounded a bit harsh.
i meant. what are you? facebook promoter? jeez. HAHA :p