Thursday, October 19, 2006

simple things in life

"It's the simple things in life we forget
You hear her talkin' but don't hear what she said
Why do you make something so easy so complicated
Searching for what's right in front of your face
But you can't see it."

---Usher----

Well, my life is not quite like that, but I was thinking about this today, when I managed my first IV without help. Yes, it's pathetic that a 4th year medical student jumps for joy when he puts in an IV successfully, but what can I do? I have not been able to put in successful IV's in the past few attempts. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks, I will be able to do more excellent/awesome/wonderful/top dog IVs in patients. WOo hoo. Then I can jump in the air, skew my body to the side and tap my heels, and go: 'TOP DOG DAT ONE'.

Anyhow, what I mean to say in this post, and I think most of you would get by now is that, it's so easy to miss out simple things like that and not be thankful. [See, I can be thankful ;) ] Just a reminder to myself, to be thankful for all the little things, including every single nook and cranny on my waffle. Haha. Just joking.

7 comments:

shungz said...

dude, its ok man. I haven't gotten in a successful IV yet too. Damn veins. Haha.

deb said...

top dog? oi. :o) nice post. I appreciate that. and when you said to be thankful for each nook and cranny on your waffle I thought of Josh saying that fast and it sounding like this:

"including every crook and nanny on my waffle"

ew.

peasantboy said...

crook and nanny on waffles..... emm.. yummmm...
cough cough
barf barf...
that's really disgusting...
hahaha

more successful iv's today

lishun said...

nook and cranny...waffle...eek...!

JWo said...

Hey hey... just because I speak fast...

Jonathan said...

hey you got in a IV? Can you see me turning green with envy?

peasantboy said...

haha. i've been getting a few more. getting lots of practice, now i have to practive more on intubation and LMA's :D